Sunday, October 18, 2009

Time Machine Sunday Just For Kicks

I'm changing the name of the Sunday thing from Sharing Sundays (really bad) to Time Machine Sunday Just For Kicks (pretty bad).

Up next is Modera and our first release, Don't Say Goodbye.



Modera was (L-R) Brendan from Everyone Everywhere, Luke, bass player on the Everyone Everywhere Pants record, and Matt and Brendan from Everyone Everywhere. The band was a little different than Everyone Everywhere, Matt played guitar and sang, I just played guitar, we had longer hair, Luke was in the band, Tommy wasn't.
Modera came about by way of Fossil Fuels. Luke was playing with us since early on and we started writing real-ish songs. Modera was originally Brendan, Brendan, and Luke, and then we had some other people come in and do stuff, including our friend Calvin who sang on one three song recording that will possibly never be shared with the world. We parted ways with Calvin and then I was going to try singing but then we were like, we need another guitar player, so Luke asked Matt to play so he joined the band. Here is a quote from Matt about the experience:
Luke invited me to be in Modera. When I got there I was kind of nervous because Brendan Graham wouldn't talk to me. Brendan McHugh was nice though. We started learning songs. One time we tried to cover "Boys Don't Cry" by The Cure but we couldn't do it. I remember one time when we recorded Mike told me to sound more like a man when I sang. I was only like 16 though (ed. he was 17). I had sideburns.

So I didn't really want to sing and Matt was like maybe I can. And I remember we did a contest one day where I sang the song Skylines then Matt sang it and we voted on who sang it better. We decided on Matt, basically by a means equivalent to a coin toss, because in reality we both couldn't sing well.

So here is our first EP. Honestly, we flew under the radar. Totally underrated. I'm hoping this blog post will resuscitate this release. We have 9 followers on RSS so I know some people will read this. Download, brn to disc.



Modera - Don't Say Goodbye EP

1 comment:

  1. now i look foward to every sunday!!! cant wait for the next installment.

    ReplyDelete